– Thailand Trip 2017 –
> Chiang Rai | Thailand <
02 Dec 2017 | Sat
Day 04 of 30
> Wat Hua Dong Ngao Thoeng Under Construction <
– Concrete Sculptor Creating Naga at Wat Ban Ngao
– Ghost Spirit House Chiang Raeng
– Wat Nantaram Chiang Kham Teak Temple
– Tai Lue Weaving Ban Thung Mok
– Phu Pheem Koff Coffee
– Phu Sang National Park and Hot Spring Waterfall
– Thai Phayao Laos Border Ban Huak
– Wat Hua Dong Ngao Thoeng Under Construction –
Here is an example of a new Temple being constructed. Noticed the bamboo scaffolding, which is the most common way construction (other than large commercial construction) is done throughout Thailand. The “Teak” wood used on overhead ceiling along with large columns inside were actually previously grown on site for the past 20-30 years.
You may also notice a picture with 9 large stones. 8 of these are “boundary stones” and are placed underground, outside around the Temple at the cardinal points (North, West, East and South, NW, NE, SW and SE). The 9th larger stone is placed in the center, underneath the Temple (usually under the principal Buddha image). All Thai Buddhist Temples have these stones in place. A Temple cannot be opened/dedicated until these stones are in place.