– Southeast Asia Tour 2015 –
> Siem Reap | Cambodia <
23 Nov 2015 | Mon
Day 06 of 47
– Psar Chaa Old Market Siem Reap
– Pub Street Siem Reap
– Downtown Life of Siem Reap
– Happy Thanksgiving from Siem Reap
> Khmer Kitchen Restaurant Siem Reap <
– Happy Thanksgiving from Siem Reap –
Located in the city center of Siem Reap (close to Pub Street), Khmer Kitchen Barbecue Restaurant is a great place to grab a quick lunch or enjoy for evening dinner. They offer a full menu of the most common Khmer food at great prices. We decided to try the following:
- Fresh Spring Rolls (Naem) – A Khmer adoption of the Vietnamese fresh rolls served with teuk trei (fish) dipping sauce.
- Green Mango and Dried Shrimp Salad (Chruok Svay) – Shredded unripe mango salad flavored with fish sauce and peppers. Usually served as a side dish with fried or baked fish and rice.
- Lok Lak Beef – Stir-fried marinated, cubed beef served with fresh red onions, served on a bed of lettuce, cucumbers, and tomatoes and dipped in a sauce consisting of lime juice, sea salt and black Kampot pepper (tek merec). Usually comes with a fried egg placed on top.
- Tom Yum Soup – Originally a Lao/Thai dish, this “hot and sour” soup is generally made from a basic broth stock of fresh lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, lime juice, fish sauce, and crushed chili peppers. The soup often includes meats such as chicken, beef, pork, or shrimp. We ordered with chicken.