Thailand Tour 2013
Bangkok | Kanchanaburi | Thailand
20 Oct 2013 | Sun
Day 04 of 43
Flavors Breakfast | Leaving Bangkok for Kanchanaburi
It’s Sunday morning (20th) and we are checking out of The Renaissance Bangkok. It was a brief stay for us at The Renaissance, but that did not diminish our experience. The package I got for our room included breakfast. We had missed out on Saturday due to sleeping in, but that was ok, it allowed us to venture out to sample some of the great food that Bangkok has to offer.
Since we were checking out on Sunday morning and Kanchana’s sister was coming into the city to pick us up, it worked out better to have breakfast in the hotel. It was not the typical offering that we are used to seeing for a complimentary hotel breakfast (back in the US). There were:
- Thai dishes (including one of my favorites, Thai Rice Soup)
- Thai-style pancakes (with fresh mango, coconut, and pandan cream sauces)
- Variety of Thai soups
- Western-style breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausage, etc)
- European Style breakfast (prepared meats and cheeses, different types of bread, etc)
- Chinese Dim Sum
- Variety of sweets & pastries
- A fresh juice bar
The variety was amazing, and we enjoyed everything that we sampled.
Our room, the location, the service, and the breakfast were all excellent. We had a wonderful time here.
Now we are off to Kanchanaburi!