– Thailand Trip 2017 –
> Chiang Rai | Thailand <
02 Dec 2017 | Sat
Day 04 of 30
– Wat Hua Dong Ngao Thoeng Under Construction
> Concrete Sculptor Creating Naga at Wat Ban Ngao <
– Ghost Spirit House Chiang Raeng
– Wat Nantaram Chiang Kham Teak Temple
– Tai Lue Weaving Ban Thung Mok
– Phu Pheem Koff Coffee
– Phu Sang National Park and Hot Spring Waterfall
– Thai Phayao Laos Border Ban Huak
– Concrete Sculptor Creating Naga at Wat Ban Ngao –
The photos below are from another new local Wat Temple being constructed (Wat Ban Ngao). We got lucky as we were able to watch a talented concrete sculptor artist working on a large Naga head. The amount of detail in these sculptures is amazing. The picture above shows one completed. The Naga is one of many guardian-type figures which keeps away bad spirits and features in Hindu and Buddhist mythology. They are commonly found at the front of a Wat Temple usually with their bodies depicted into the grand entrance stairwell. I really like the detail shown in the back leg with the skeleton-like feet (a detail I’ve never seen before).
The Buddha image at this Wat Temple is large and impressive. A lot of detail is going into the paintings that are currently being done around the perimeter of the interior walls. I’m sure it will be quite beautiful when complete.